Friday, January 25, 2013

Creative Writing

The sun shore, having no alternative, on the nothing new. Every day it was the same thing. Cook, clean, takes care of the baby and pick up after my husband. Despite the rays hitting my skin, I felt no warmth; all I felt was the bitter reminder that I'm stuck in this hell. Being hit on a daily basis when something is not done the way he wants it, having glasses thrown at me while my baby is crying, and being afraid to say a word in my own house. I think to myself this is getting old, and I’m getting fed up. I cannot keep living like this; I knew I had to get out somehow. Living like a prisoner is not the future I had in mind and I’m not putting my baby threw this any longer. Every time he comes home from work, my heart aches. Cleaning up, picking up after him, and making sure his dinner is on the table by the time he gets home is all I think about when he leaves. I feel like I'm more of a slave than a wife. I’m scared to be me, I’m scared to take my baby out I’m scared to laugh, smile or even be happy. As soon as I am he brings my smiles into tears. So the next day I plan to pack up mine and my babies stuff when he leaves for work. Ill act like everything is all normal. I’ll make breakfast and start cleaning like any other day. That next day I did so; I cooked, cleaned and did the yard. About thirty minutes after he left, I took the keys to the van put all of the stuff that my baby and I needed. When I left the house I emptied the bank account. I just keep driving and driving. I felt happy for the first time in a while, it felt like all the stress went away. I could finally relax. Even though I wasn't sure where I was headed. It was just nice to know that when I do things for now on it will be for my baby and me. But for now I’ll be on the road. Maybe I'll go to Paris. Who Knows? But I'll sure the hell never go back to Texas again. This is for the baby, not for my own selfishness but for the best.

3 comments:

  1. Laura, this is a great start. The assignment was to write 400-500 words and you only have 200 so I had to give you partial credit. But what you have is very good. It's very deep emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt know it was 400 words. I thought it was any writing you wanted to choose. If i would have known that i would have written more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! Just add to it if you would like and we can adjust your score! :)

    ReplyDelete